1. Visa waiver for Germany and 12 other countries from 15 March 2022
According to the newly issued Resolution No. 32/NQ-CP dated 15 March 2022, the visa exemption will be granted to German citizens and citizens of 12 other countries with a temporary residence of 15 days from the entry date, irrespective of the passport types and immigration purposes, on the basis of fulfillment of regulatory requirements prescribed in Vietnam’s laws. This policy will be implemented in three years, from 15 March 2022 until 14 March 2025, with the consideration of extension.
2. Restoration of all immigration procedures as before Covid-19 time
With the Official Dispatch No. 1606/VPCP-QHQT dated 15 March 2022, the government agreed to restore all immigration measures and procedures as before applying travel restrictions to prevent Covid-19. So, from now on, citizens from 80 countries can apply for e-visa for a stay up to 30 days.
3. Quarantine-free for international arrivals with negative test result
According to the Official Dispatch No. 1265/BYT-DP dated 15 March 2022 issued by the Ministry of Health, the international passengers must comply the following regulations when entering Vietnam:
– Having a negative test result (within 72 hours before departure for PCR test or 24 hours for rapid antigen test)
– Health declaration upon arrival and using PC COVID application during the stay
– Health self-monitoring within 10 days since entry date
More details can be found here: https://lnkd.in/grXhrj2r. English and Vietnamese versions of each official document is uploaded as soon as they are available.
With these critical moves of the Vietnamese government, we are looking forward to seeing the strong recovery of the country’s economy in general and of the tourism industry, which has been severely damaged after two years of closure due to the pandemic.