GBA Attended the Dialogue between the HCMC’s Leaders and Foreign Business Associations
Ho Chi Minh City, 22 February 2023 – German Business Association Vice-Chairman Mr. Martin Koerner spoke at the round-table discussion between Mr. Phan Van Mai, Chairman of Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee together with the city leaders and foreign business associations.
Together with EuroCham Vietnam, we brought up for discussion current issues and challenges of foreign businesses in Vietnam. In order to boost the city’s economic prosperity, some of following suggestions were exchanged during the meeting:
- Improving tourism by extending visa exemptions to 30 days and granting them to citizens of all EU member countries.
- Simplifying work permit procedures.
- Enhance the airport services at Tan Son Nhat international airport, in particular the immigration process.
- Promote green and sustainable investments through the use of incentives.
- Review current degrees to be adjusted, such as 2447/QD-BYT from 6 September 2022 on mandatory mask wearing.
To ensure our members concerns are #WellLookedAfter and #YourVoicesAreHeard, please feel free to reach out to Anna at email: email@example.com and to share with us your business challenges or any requests of information.