GBA attended the dialogue between HCMC Authority and Foreign Invested Enterprises regarding the topic “Work Permits and Immigration Procedures for Foreign Workers
Ho Chi Minh City, 6 April 2023 – German Business Association – GBA Vice-Chairman Mr. Martin Koerner spoke at the dialogue between HCMC Authority and foreign invested enterprises regarding the topic “Work Permits and Immigration Procedures for Foreign Workers”
GBA brought up for discussion current issues and challenges of 4 GBA members. In order to remove obstacles for business subsequently leading to an increase in investment for the country, some of following topics were exchanged during the meeting:
- Procedures to obtain work permits and work permit extension.
- Difficulties in completing procedures through the national public service portal.
- Problems in Demand Application, including documents proving the need for employment, training plans, recruitment notices, approvals for the need to use foreign workers beyond the former ones.
- Difficulty in proving foreign workers’ work experience; difficulties in getting the degree to match the intended job.
- Proposals to amend Decree 152/ND-CP dated December 30th, 2020.
The Ho Chi Minh City DoLISA confirmed its strong support for German companies operating in Vietnam and has shared contact details in case issues arise. It further offered support for so-called “urgent” work permit issuance which could be processed within one day in case the need arises. GBA members who face difficulties with the application of work permit for their foreign workers and need support can contact our GBA office so we can refer such cases to the upper levels of DoLISA.
The presiding delegation included representatives of the Ho Chi Minh City Trade and Investment Promotion Centre (ITPC), representatives of the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs (HCMC DoLISA), representatives of Ho Chi Minh City’s Public Security.