About the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Vietnam
The Delegation of the German Industry and Commerce in Vietnam (AHK Vietnam) is a representative of Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce (DIHK). We are a part of the global German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHKs) network in 140 locations in 92 countries. As represented in Vietnam, we are actively supporting the economic exchange between Vietnam and Germany.
Our office in Hanoi was founded in 1994 and our Ho Chi Minh City office was inaugurated in 2005. Our core expertise is our qualified, motivated and experienced team, consisting of Vietnamese and German staffs in the 2 mega cities in Vietnam. With long-term excellent contact and personal connections, German and international firms could benefit and save their time in market research, market entry and trouble shooting.
AHK Job Exchange
The AHK job exchange helps you to find potential permanent job offers and internships and connects applicants for jobs or internships with German and international companies in Vietnam. The service focuses on applications and offers in a German-Vietnamese context.
The applicant database is free of charge and treated as strictly confidential.
Please click here to learn more or directly contact Ms. Nguyen Phuong Thuy: Thuy.Nguyen@vietnam.ahk.de
The AHKs combine three functions in their locations:
1. Official Representative of the German Economy in Vietnam
AHK Vietnam is the central actor of the German foreign trade promotion on behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany in Vietnam. We represent the German business interests as well as provide information and advertise German locations in Vietnam.
2. Services for companies
Under the service brand “DEinternational”, AHK Vietnam supports the foreign trade business activities of firms from Germany and Vietnam.
3. Membership organization
In Vietnam, the German Business Association is the main German membership organization in the country. The AHK Vietnam has been working closely together with GBA and in 2015, we decided to begin the foundation process to have a binational AHK in Vietnam.
Services of the AHK Vietnam
We support international companies with a wide range of services to get started in Vietnam as well as to develop business opportunities successfully and sustainably. With the trademark DEinternational including market information, business development, market analysis and investment locations analysis in Vietnam. Further additional concrete services:
Delegation and Project: We organize delegation trips of the most diverse business sectors annually. Our service includes the organization and cooperation exchange, events for investors, company visits, market briefings, as well as location presentations and business forum and conferences.
- Services for Healthcare Industry: We support German SMEs in the healthcare industry in terms of the market entry process, strengthen connectivity and business development in Vietnam market. We also organize German business delegations in the healthcare industry in Vietnam to directly meet potential partners, conduct seminars and specialized healthcare workshops with the objective of connecting, exchanging experiences and improving the cooperation between businesses of the two countries.
- Office in Office: We offer a cost-efficient and risk-free alternative to the establishment of a representative office. Within this service enterprises may use one of our project managers as a full or a part-time equivalent to give your activities in Vietnam a boost.
- German Business Incubator: We provide working spaces, meeting rooms, networking opportunities and workshops on the purpose of excellent starting for your businesses in Vietnam.
- Service trade fair participation: As a representative of the fairs in Berlin, Duesseldorf, Nuremberg, and toy fair Nuremberg, we advise and accompany a thousand of companies annually from Vietnam exhibiting and visiting international trade fairs in Germany.
- A representative of federal states in Germany: We are representing the Federal states Saxony-Anhalt, Bavaria and Schleswig-Holstein as well as the Invest Region Leipzig in Vietnam, we do promote these states and bilateral trade as well as investment relations between these states and Vietnam.
Education and Training
Dual vocational training: Since 2013, we have become a contact point for consultation and coordination of dual vocational training in Vietnam. We are monitoring and verify the quality of training programs including the content and implementation process. For the cooperation, we support companies to find suitable, qualified, educational institutes in Vietnam and advise you on the process and implementation of training programs based on German standards. At the moment, we have been implementing 7 occupations and working with different German, international and Vietnamese businesses in Vietnam to organize successfully dual vocational training projects.
ProRecognition: AHK Vietnam provides individual consultation to the recognition of qualifications acquired in Vietnam, so that qualified Vietnamese professionals get the opportunity to enter the German labour market as soon as possible.
- Hand in Hand for International Talents project: The project is intended for skilled workers from Vietnam who want to live and work in Germany on a long-term basis. The aim of the project is to develop and test a practical and transferable process to attract qualified specialists in Chambers of Commerce and Industry (IHK) professions from non-EU countries for companies in Germany.
- Career Training: We have launched our short-term seminars with thematic “Career Training” recently to support equipping people who want to live and work in German environment with skills and knowledge. The topic includes Job Coaching, Project Management, WISO (German Law, Economy & Social Studies) and Communication & Conflict Management.
We support enterprises in creating their own marketing and branding strategies in Vietnam. Through our traditional and digital media channels, companies can reach different target groups in Vietnam, in the region and worldwide.